Tech Inspection Lane; Wash Bay; CleanerCall Today! 319-390-4466
Cedar Rapids IA
Cedar Rapids IA
Position Title: Tech Inspection Lane; Wash Bay; Cleaner
Reports to: Shop Manager
Position Summary: Under general supervision, you will be able run the inspection lane, wash bay, trailer clean outs, cleaning and detail tractors for new hires; cleaning the shop and or other functions as assigned by the Shop Manager.
1. Provide good through safety lane inspections to meet DOT requirements; wash equipment thoroughly detail tractors for new hire units; perform trailer clean outs; and general cleaning of building and grounds
2. Maintains a clean and organized work area. Works in a safe and efficient manner. Follows all company Safety policies; follows proper shop procedures according to management; assists other shop staff members when needed; and performs various ground and property maintenance as needed; follows all company Safety policies. Works in a safe and efficient manner.
3. Participates in departmental training involving updated procedures, safety awareness and equipment changes.
4. Perform other duties as assigned
Necessary Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required; ability to read and write.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs and apply 20 lbs of force to pull, push or lift constantly.
- Exposures include: various noise levels, vibration of the extremities or whole body, and atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, and gases.
- Ability to perform crouching, stretching, high reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, climbing, and squatting while performing job duties.
- Ability to stand, walk and meet the above requirements on various surface areas and conditions.
******STEEL TOE BOOTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION******
The above statements reflect the general duties of the position and describe the principal functions and may be adjusted according to the business environment as seen fit by management.