Inside Sales Representative - Cedar Rapids, IACall Today! 319-390-4466
Cedar Rapids IA
Position Title: Inside Sales Representative
Position Reports to: General Manager
Position Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Position Summary: Works closely with Branch Manager and Director of Logistics to provide spot market pricing. Stays current on market changes and reports to management and Logistics team. Solicits pricing on new lanes from partner carriers for both current and new customers.
- Work closely with Branch Manager and Director of Logistics to provide spot market pricing for new and current customers. Develop new lanes and create long term opportunities.
- Utilize tools to stay in touch with the changing markets. Communicate in a timely manner to the Logistics team and adjust spot pricing within those markets.
- Work with sales department on dedicated opportunities to increase volume and yearly commitments.
- Assist brokers as needed to cover open loads. Utilize DAT and other carrier databases to find partner carriers to cover these loads.
- Work closely with CSR/Order Entry personnel to ensure accurate timely on load scheduling. Also, assist with CSR/Order Entry personnel workload as needed.
- Work with Branch Manager and Director of Logistics to complete RFPs for both new and current customers.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Necessary Qualifications: One year experience in Customer Service area or related field. Fluent in Microsoft Office, Internet based programs (DAT, TMS systems, etc), Skype. Able to manipulate Microsoft Excel to Filter/Sort as well as input formulas. Some experience with AS/400 is preferred.
Physical Qualifications: Sitting, talking on the phone and entering data into computer for extended periods of time.
The above statements reflect the general duties of the position and describe the principal functions and may be adjusted according to the business environment as seen fit by management.
Submit resume to HumanResources@WestSideTransport.com